Today at 11 a.m., an action of solidarity with Belarusian conscientious objectors and Belarusian deserters took place near the Belarusian embassy in Berlin as part of the campaign No Means No.
No Belarusian Troops for the War – Call for Conscientious Objection and Desertion in Belarus
No Means No! We call to:
- support for the Our House’s campaign NO Means NO. The campaign urges men in Belarus to refuse to serve in the army, or to leave it if they are already serving: Have the courage to say “No” when you are asked to join a war that violates international law and causes mass death, suffering and destruction in a neighboring country! You are a hero if you object, not if you become a soldier in this war!
- mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers in Belarus to encourage their boys not to join the army and to help them to escape from recruitment.
- to the Belarusian authorities
○ to respect a person’s right to conscientious objection to military service and
○ to refrain from participation and complicity in the Russian authorities’ war of aggression against Ukraine.
- the governments of the European countries
○ to establish a humanitarian corridor for Belarusian conscientious objectors and deserters.
○ to give shelter to objectors and deserters from Belarus on humanitarian grounds, without forcing them into an asylum procedure.
- the churches to use their influence and moral weight to protect those who refuse to fight.
- civil society in all countries to express its support for objectors and deserters from all sides in the war. Support the #ObjectWarCampaign which is demanding shelter and asylum for
objectors of the war in Ukraine.
- the civil servants and diplomats of Belarus in the embassies where we will hold our protests to express solidarity with those who oppose the war.
It should be reminded that the campaign No Means No was launched on March, 1 2022 and aims to steal the army from Lukashenko.
On the 20th of February 2023, we – Our House, Ukrainian Pacifist Movement, Connection e.V., Federation for Social Defence, International Fellowship of Reconciliation, Agir pour la paix and War Resisters’ International – call for demonstrations outside Belarusian embassies across Europe. These protests will draw attention to the danger of Belarus joining Russia by sending military personnel to attack Ukraine.
The first photo report from Berlin.