We receive documents from Belarussian state bodies based on which we see that a wide repressive campaign has been launched against the protesters with underage children. Scans and translations of documents are attached below.
We are asking our partners about the urgent and very serious attention to the situation.
The main points are as follows:
- toughen the punishment for parents with an active civil position,
- deploy massive control by employees of schools, sports institutions, employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, prosecutors and other departments over children from families of protesters
- to introduce ideological work with children at all levels (without the consent of the parents)
The experience of using of the decree 18 in the past years shows that such documents make it easy to identify a family with an active civil position as socially disadvantaged and to take the children to an orphanage.
We receive information about numerous threats from the authorities to take children off the families of the protesters. Unfortunately, there are already cases of children being taken away to an orphanage.
Protocol of the National Commission on the Rights of the Child of the Republic of Belarus dated September 24, 2020 No. 2
Chairman: Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus I. V. Petrishenko
Commission members: V.A. Abramov, G.I. Borisyuk, I.I. Buzovsky, M. Yu. Galinovskaya, A.V. Goncharova, V.V. Durnov, A.V. Kadlubay, V.V. Kovalkov, T.A. Kravchenko, V.B. Krugova, V.A. Liskovich, L.E. Makarina-Kibak, V.A. Malashko, I.E. Petkevich, A.A. Podvoisky, G.P. Podrezenok, V.V. Razhanets, N.N. Filippova, A.N. Tsuran
Invited persons: R.Yu. Abramchik, S.F. Aleinik, L.V. Asanovich, A.I. Zakrevsky, R.I. Melnik, D.N. Lazar, R.I. Smirnov, D.L. Homa
- On interagency cooperation in the prevention of the involvement of children in unauthorized activities.
- To take into account the information of the Deputy Minister of Education Kallubai A.V., the head of the main department for the protection of law and order and the prevention of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Melnik R.I., the head of the department for supervision over the implementation of legislation on minors and youth of the General Prosecutor’s Office A.A. Minsk City Executive Committee Borisyuk G.I., Malashko V.A., Tsurana A.N., heads of the main departments of education of regional executive committees of Khoma D.L., Smirnov R.I., Abramchik R.Yu., Deputy Chairman of the Commission on Minors’ Affairs Minsky regional executive committee Asanovich L.V.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs:
- When establishing the facts of the participation of citizens with minor children in unauthorized events, promptly inform the territorial commissions on juvenile affairs to carry out preventive work with legal representatives of minors and, if necessary, initiate a solution to the issue of protecting the rights and legitimate interests of minors in accordance with the legislation.
- Ensure that employees of the internal affairs bodies carry out information and preventive work with minors, as well as their legal representatives, on the norms of legislation governing participation in unauthorized mass events, as well as on responsibility and consequences of violation of the law.
- Ministry of Education:
- This year, ensure the introduction of new approaches to the formation of a safe and friendly environment among students in educational institutions, the development of mediated approaches to resolving conflict situations with the involvement of teaching staff, students and their legal representatives.
- By the 23rd of the month preceding the next quarter, on the basis of the proposals of the members of the National Commission on the Rights of the Child, to formulate a draft schedule for the reception of minors and their legal representatives, including visiting ones, and submit for approval to the Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus (chairman of the commission). 1.4. The Ministry of Internal Affairs, together with the Ministry of Education, the General Prosecutor’s Office, regional executive committees, the Minsk City Executive Committee and others interested, to study the experience of work on interdepartmental interaction in organizing and conducting general (individual) preventive work with minors detained by police officers during unauthorized mass events, provided by the Mogilev Regional Executive Committee. If appropriate, introduce it everywhere.
1.5. The Ministry of Justice, together with the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Education in cooperation with the deputies of the Standing Commission of the Council of the Republic of the National Assembly of the Republic of Belarus on Education, Science, Culture and Social Development, the Standing Commissions of the House of Representatives of the National Assembly of the Republic of Belarus on Health Care, Physical Culture, Family and Youth Policy and Human Rights , national relations and the media to ensure that appropriate amendments are made to the Code of Administrative Offenses of the Republic of Belarus aimed at strengthening the responsibility of parents for raising children, for involving children in unauthorized mass events or for the participation of minors in such events.
1.5. The Ministry of Information, together with Belteleradiocompany, republican government bodies, regional executive committees, and the Minsk City Executive Committee, within the competence, ensure the creation and placement of information, including thematic videos (social clips), printed materials (leaflets, posters, brochures, etc.) to prevent involvement minors in unauthorized activities.
1.8. The National Centre of Legislation and Legal Research of the Republic of Belarus and the National Centre of Legal Information of Republic of Belarus, together with other interested, to ensure the analysis of legislative acts in terms of the need to enshrine in them regulatory requirements on the inadmissibility of involving minors in participation in a meeting, rally, street procession, demonstration, picketing, and other mass events held in violation of the established procedure for their organization and ( or) conducting; 1.9. The Ministry of Sports, together with the regional executive committees, the Minsk City Executive Committee, ensure that explanatory work is carried out with minors involved in physical culture and sports in specialized educational and sports institutions, secondary schools of the Olympic reserve, physical culture and health centers, centers of physical culture and health work, physical culture and sports clubs, and also with their legal representatives on the norms of legislation governing the issues of participation in unauthorized mass events, as well as on the responsibility and consequences of violation of the law;
- The Mogilev Regional Executive Committee, until October 14, 2020, summarize the practice of the prevention subjects of the Mogilev region on interdepartmental interaction in organizing and conducting general (individual) preventive work with minors detained by police officers during unauthorized mass events, and submit the results to the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- regional executive committees, Minsk city executive committee:
- by October 16, 2020. Develop and approve at the meetings of the commission on juvenile affairs a memo on the adoption by the subjects of measures aimed at protecting the rights and legitimate interests of minors in case of participation in unauthorized mass events of citizens with young children
- ensure the use of materials from the Children’s Legal Site (data bank of legal information “The World of Law”, information to help children in difficult legal situations, materials for parents on the responsibilities of raising children, for teachers when carrying out educational work) related to the prevention of the involvement of minors in unauthorized mass activities and their negative consequences.
- to provide a wide information campaign in labor collectives at enterprises and organizations to explain
to the parental public the legislation regulating the issues of parental responsibility for raising children and creating safe conditions for them.
- to intensify the work of coordinating councils, commissions for promoting the family and school at enterprises and organizations in order to carry out preventive measures to prevent the involvement of children in mass events of a political nature.
- ensure that minors detained by police officers during unauthorized mass events and their legal representatives are informed about the responsibility and consequences of violation of the law.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, together with diplomatic missions abroad, should take measures to actively represent the Republic of Belarus on international platforms as one of the leading countries in the world, in which the necessary conditions for the full realization of children’s rights have been created and developed, and the state policy pursued is in line with the provisions of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Federation of Trade Unions of Belarus, RPO “Belaya Rus”, PA “Belarusian Union of Women”, PA “Belarusian Republican Youth Union”, through primary organizations, to launch extensive information and explanatory work in labor collectives, including on clarifying the norms of administrative legislation, in order to prevent the involvement of minors in illegal activities and participation in unauthorized events, as well as the responsible attitude of parents to raising children, ensuring safe conditions for their life.
- NGO “Belarusian Republican Youth Union”, NGO “BRIO”, NGO “Belarusian Children’s Fund” in cooperation with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in the Republic of Belarus, other children’s and youth public associations to organize active information and preventive work in children’s groups aimed at preventing the participation of children and youth in unauthorized activities.
- The Commissioner for Religious Affairs recommend to the leaders of religious confessions to intensify the promotion in the Belarusian society of the ideas of responsible motherhood, parenting, conscientious attitude to raising children, instilling moral values in them.
- Members of the National Commission on the Rights of the Child, by the 20th day of the month preceding the next quarter, make proposals to the draft schedule for the reception of minors and their legal representatives, including visiting ones.
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATION OF THE OCTOBER DISTRICT OF MOGILEV
The electronic version corresponds to the original October 26, 2020 No. 90
Heads of general secondary education institutions
In pursuance of the instructions of the General Prosecutor’s Office, based on a letter from the Prosecutor’s Office of the city of Mogilev, Mogilev Region dated 20.10.2020 No. 20-2020, every TUESDAY must be weekly until 12.00 am
provide to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org information related to the participation of minors in unauthorized mass events for a week (separately):
- general information about illegal mass events with the participation of teachers, children and their parents in educational institutions.
- about teachers and other officials of educational institutions, brought to criminal, administrative and disciplinary responsibility for organizing or participating in illegal mass events.
- on the formation and functioning of destructive Internet communities of students and teachers on the Internet, as well as on measures to neutralize them;
- about minors recognized as being in the SOP, in need of state protection, if this is related to their participation, or the participation of their legal representatives in unauthorized mass events.
Deputy Head of Department E. B. Polyak
Members of the National Commission on the Rights of the Child of the Republic of Belarus:
Petrishenko Igor Viktorovich – Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus (chairman of the commission)
Liskovich Victor Andreevich – Chairman of the Standing Committee of the Council of the Republic National Assembly of the Republic of Belarus on education, science, culture and social development (deputy chairman of the commission)
Kadlubay Aleksandr Vladimirovich – Deputy Minister of Education (responsible Commission secretary)
Abramov Vyacheslav Anatolievich – First Deputy Director of the National Center legal information
Borisyuk Gennady Iosifovich – Deputy Chairman of the Brest Regional Executive Committee
Buzovsky Igor Ivanovich – Deputy Minister of Information
Galinovskaya Margarita Yurievna – teacher of the family type children’s home of the department formation of the Zhodino city executive committee Goncharova Alexandra Vladimirovna – Chairman of the Central Council of the Public association “Belarusian Republican Pioneer organization” Durnov Vyacheslav Viktorovich – First Deputy Minister of Sports and Tourism
Kovalkov Valery Valerievich – Deputy Minister of Labor and Social Protection
Kravchenko Tatyana Aleksandrovna – Chairman of the public association “Belorusskaya Association of parents with many children”
Krugova Vera Borisovna – Judge of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Belarus
Makarina-Kibak Lyudmila Eduardovna – Chairman of the Standing Committee of the Chamber representatives of the National Assembly of the Republic Belarus for health care, physical education, family and youth policy
Malashko Valery Anatolievich – Deputy Chairman of the Mogilev Regional Executive Committee
Petkevich Joseph Evstafievich – Head of the Department of Education and Social and Cultural Sphere of the Office of the Council of Ministers The
Republic of Belarus
Podvoisky Aleksey Aleksandrovich – Head of the Department for Supervision of Execution juvenile and youth legislation General Prosecutor’s Office
Podrezenok Galina Petrovna – First Deputy Director of the National Center legislation and legal research
Razhanets Valentina Vitalievna – Deputy Chairman of the Standing Committee of the Chamber representatives of the National Assembly of the Republic Belarus for human rights, national relations and media
Filippova Natalia Nikolaevna – Deputy Minister of Justice
Tsuran Artem Nikolaevich – Deputy Chairman of the Minsk City Executive Committee
Chairman of the National Commission on the Rights of the Child of the Republic of Belarus:
Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus
Petrishenko Igor Viktorovich
Born in 1965 in the village of Neglyubka, Vetka District, Gomel Region. In 1986 he graduated from the Vilnius Command School of Radio Electronics, in 1992 – from the Military Red Banner Institute, in 1998 – from the Academy of Management under the President of Belarus.
1986-1996 served in the Armed Forces
1996 – 1999 Counselor, Chief Advisor, Head of the Legal Department of the Office of the Minister for CIS Affairs of the Office of the Cabinet of Ministers of Belarus, then the Office of the Council of Ministers of Belarus
1999 – 2003 served as Head of the Department for Interstate Cooperation of the Office of the Council of Ministers, Deputy Head of the Main Department for Interstate Cooperation and Trade – Head of the Office for International Cooperation of the Office of the Council of Ministers
February – August 2003 Deputy Head of the Department of Russia and the Union State of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
2003 – 2007 Counselor of the Embassy of Belarus in Russia
- – 2008 Head of the Department of Russia and the Union State of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- – 2012 First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belarus
2012 – 2018 Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Belarus to Russia, Permanent Representative of Belarus to the Economic Council of the CIS, Plenipotentiary to the CSTO concurrently and Special Representative of Belarus on integration cooperation
2018 Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus